March Seniors of the Month spotlights Dezirae Gilliard and Bryan Bodnarchuk

Gilliard+and+Bodnarchuk+soar+in+March.+

K. Bell

Gilliard and Bodnarchuk soar in March.

Staff, Writer

Dezirae Gilliard

Dezirae Gilliard is an enthusiastic, energetic leader both in and outside the classroom.  She was recognized for High Honor Roll while enrolled in the rigorous GCU Humanities Program.  Her excellent GPA earned induction into the English, History, Science, and Math Honor Societies.  Outstanding academic achievement coupled with community and school involvement earned membership into the National Honor Society.  

Dezirae has been equally committed with extracurricular activities.  She was a varsity cheerleader for football and served as captain this year as a senior.  She was part of the competition cheer squad and captain since junior year.  She played lacrosse at the varsity level and again was a captain.  Dezirae served as a Student Ambassador and on the 2020 Class Council as the Funding Chair.  She was involved with the Key Club, and she volunteered for various organizations including SAIL program with OC Library, Community Medical Center, A Need We Feed Organization, and junior coach for Berkeley Division 10 Comp Cheer.  

Dezirae was accepted to the Nursing Program for Rutgers, Wagner, Florida Atlantic University, University of Tampa, and University of Miami.

Bryan Bodnarchuk    

Bryan Bodnarchuk has a competitive drive which enables him to accomplish goals and overcome challenges.  As a result, he has a proven record of academic achievement and a long list of extracurricular accomplishments, especially in swimming.  Byran’s outstanding marks in AP and Honor level courses earned induction into the Math and Science Honor Societies.  He also earned membership into National Honor Society for his continuous success in and outside the classroom.

Bryan has been recognized as one of the most accomplished swimmers in the history of the CRHS varsity swim program.  His impressive list of rewards extends back to freshman year.  This season alone, he was the only boy to have a NJSIAA State qualifying time.  He medaled in both the Ocean County and Shore Championships.  He swam for OCY where again he received numerous honors and special invites as a result of his natural talent and committed work-ethic.  Byran was also involved in several clubs, and he served as a Student Ambassador.

Bryan has intends to continue higher education at the University of Delaware.  He would like to major in Chemistry and go into dermatology.