Abigail Brooks: December Senior of the Month

Sarah Donachy, Writer

Abigail Brooks was chosen as one of the December Seniors of the Month alongside Scott Truhan. Abby Brooks has made an impressive impact onto the students here at Central Regional for the past three years. As a sophomore, Abby and her family moved to Bayville from Lansdale, Pennsylvania for her father’s work. Ever since then she has been apart of the Humanities Academy and has taken all Honors and AP classes alongside the class of 2019 and 2020. Her current course load includes Honors Calculus, AP United States History, Creative Writing and her Georgian Court classes, Psychology, World History, English Rhetoric, Sociology, American Literature and Non Western Art History. Besides her intensive course load, Abby has major involvement in the extracurriculars here at Central. For her entire career here she has been apart of the Girl’s Soccer team. She has also been on the Girl’s Lacrosse team the past two season and last year participated in Girl’s Winter Track. At the end of her Sophomore year she was inducted into the National Honor Society. At the end of last year she received the position of NHS Secretary. She is also a part of the History National Honor Society, Math Honor Society and English Honor Society.

Outside of school, Abby has sailed the past few summers even before moving here with the Ocean Gate Yacht Club. Last summer she was a sailing instructor at the Pine Beach Yacht Club spreading her love of sailing with a younger generation. This summer she will be returning to teach at Ocean Gate where she has spent many of summers before. When she isn’t sailing, she is working at her family’s company, the Ocean Gate Yacht Basin. Abby’s love of the water has helped contribute to the fact she is open to opportunities pertaining sailing that might follow her into the future. Also looking towards her future is her various college opportunities. She has been accepted into Monmouth University, The College of New Jersey and Rowan University. Her top choice is currently Monmouth where she hopes to continue to learn for her love of English in the Communication Major. Wherever she goes, we here at Central Regional believe she will make a huge impact on the world just as she has done here.